Our Complete Land & Lot Clearing Services Can Help You
Land and lot clearing is an essential step when you’re preparing a site for development or construction. Removing existing foliage, including trees, shrubbery, and other plant life obstructing development, is important to ensure the land is buildable and healthy for future growth. Whether you’re prepping land for a large housing development or starting construction on a new home, hiring professional land clearing services has several benefits for property owners. At Boss Tree Service, our tree experts have decades of experience and expertise in providing a wide range of tree services to residents throughout Newnan, GA, and the surrounding areas, including Peachtree City. We’re here for you when you need quick and effective land and tree clearing services. Call us today to learn more about our land clearing services!
What Is Land Clearing?
Also known as lot clearing, land clearing removes foliage such as trees, tree stumps, debris, shrubbery, boulders, and other large obstacles from a property. While it’s typically done to prepare land for future real estate and commercial development, it can also be used for lands that will be used for hunting and farming.
Why Is Land Clearing Important?
The most recognized benefit of land clearing is that you can make the land usable, which makes it more valuable. However, there are several key benefits of using professional land and lot clearing services, including:
- Increases Safety – A clear area for construction and development increases the safety of the working environment for construction workers and equipment operators by removing any potential hazards and obstructions. If trees on the property are diseased or decaying, they could fall and cause personal and property damage. Removing older or hazardous trees that could delay construction will increase the safety of the land and streamline the development process.
- Promotes Healthy Growth – Removing excess, diseased, or dying trees can improve the health of remaining trees if you want to keep some of the existing foliage. When land is crowded with trees and foliage, the chances of survival for any vegetation are reduced due to the increased risk of spreading diseases and root systems being destroyed. Smaller plants and trees might also risk not getting enough sun due to larger trees blocking them. Clearing the land will help new and existing vegetation thrive.
- Improves Soil Quality – When you clear land, you help rejuvenate its soil. When excess trees and brush are removed, the soil can start to regenerate with nutrients. Natural mulch created by the land clearing process is worked into the soil and helps nourish it for future growth.
How to Prepare for Lot and Land Clearing Services
Our professional arborists take a few important steps to prepare the land for our land clearing services. To ensure the process goes smoothly and safely, our tree experts:
- Prepare complete personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Survey the area to identify what equipment will be needed
- Thoroughly check and re-check everything on the property
- Set emergency safety protocol in place
What Are the Most Common Land Clearing Methods?
There are a few different ways to perform land clearing. Our professional arborists can determine which method would be most effective for your property once they’ve completed a thorough assessment. Some of the most common methods used to clear land include:
- Cut & Grind – The cut and grind land clearing method is best for a property with small trees. Once the brush and weeds have been cleared, we use top-of-the-line equipment to take the trees down. We use additional equipment such as bulldozers, backhoes, and trucks to remove the leftover stumps.
- Pushover – The pushover land clearing method involves pushing huge trees and other obstructions using machines such as bulldozers and backhoes.
- Pulling – The pulling land cleaning method involves attaching chains to a tractor or other heavy machinery and the tree and pulling it away. This method might seem simple, but it has several limitations and doesn’t work well for large trees and obstructions.
- Pile & Burn – This inexpensive and simple way of clearing land might seem easy, but it can also be extremely dangerous. The pile and burn method involves arranging all the cleared foliage into a pile and burning the pile. If the burn isn’t controlled or the wind is strong, you could risk starting a fire on your property. It’s crucial to allow a professional and experienced arborist to assist with any type of land clearing services.
Why Hire a Professional Land & Lot Clearing Service?
Any type of land and lot clearing or tree removal is a job that should be left to the professionals. Our arborists are highly skilled in providing safe and effective tree services and have decades of experience under their belts. While you might be tempted to do it yourself to save money, it’s typically unsafe and ineffective. Hiring a team of tree experts for any land clearing or tree removal services is easily worth the investment.
Call Boss Tree Service Today for Expert Lot Clearing Services
Whether you’re clearing land for a housing development, shopping mall, or new home for your family, hiring a professional land and lot clearing company is essential. The experts at Boss Tree Service can handle your lot and land clearing project from start to finish. Along with providing professional land clearing services, our team is skilled in many professional tree services, including tree removal and emergency tree services. Contact us today to find out more about our land clearing services!
Hands Down the Best Tree Service
"I have used this company multiple times. They are prompt, courteous, affordable and they clean up after themselves. Tyler built a lasting relationship with my husband and I from the moment we first met. I highly recommend this company for tree removal and pruning."
These Guys Are Awesome!
"These guys are awesome! Great service at an affordable price. Thanks"
Service Efficient and Clean.
"Very detailed estimate leaving no doubts about what they would do and when. Good instructions on my part in calling power company. Service efficient and clean. Would highly recommend."
Excellent Service at Fair Prices
"Boss Tree Service has consistently provided excellent service at fair prices. We have used them to take out 11 trees on our property over the past few years. They have the best equipment for any high risk job and we have always been pleased with their work!"
Great Emergency Service!
"Came home on a Saturday night to find a huge oak smashed into my carport. Tylor came out at mid-night to check on the job, it's now 12 hours later and the tree is off the roof and the site clean. I would highly recommend these guys. Fantastic service."
"Very happy with the price and service received."
"Excellent Service - prompt response and always professional!"
A phenomenal job!!
"The Boss Tree team were at my house all day today.....and did a phenomenal job!! They came in, took their time setting up properly, did a thorough job on getting trees cut, and then cleaned everything BETTER than they found it. The only way you would know they were here is the fact that all the trees are gone. I would highly suggest Boss Tree Service to anyone."